- God exists and has revealed Himself (as explained in our statement of faith).
- God acts in history, both in creation and redemption (as explained in our statement of faith).
- God has revealed His moral law, especially in His Scriptures which are the only inspired, infallible, and inerrant rule of faith and practice, and this law is immutably binding upon all mankind.
- God has created three distinct realms of jurisdiction: the church, the family, and the civil government, and therefore each should work to support one another without attempting to subsume the others.
- God is one, and therefore truth is one; every branch of knowledge relates to every other branch of knowledge at some point in a complementary and harmonious manner.
- Since these affirmations are so commonly challenged in our day, and since there exists so much confusion even among Christians on these points and their necessary implications, all faculty at St. Augustine School must affirm the following:
a) Adam was a historical figure, uniquely created by God, and is the singular head of the human race and the first cause of sin and death in the world.
b) The Jesus revealed in the gospels is the historical Jesus, his teachings are accurately recorded in the Scriptures, and he was literally and actually resurrected from the dead.
c) The only true and coherent human sexuality is that taught by the Scriptures: that humans are either male or female by nature, and thus the only moral sexual union is between a man and woman within the bond of marriage.
d) All human life bears the image of God from time of conception and as such is worthy of all honor, respect, and protection.