Updated March 19, 2018
St. Augustine is currently taking applications for both elementary, middle, and high school (9th & 10th grade only) school positions for the 2018/19 school year. DOWNLOAD EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION. Interested applicants should download and complete an application and read the related content found on this web page. Submit the application along with all relevant supporting documents via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to St. Augustine School, 1202 Highland Colony Parkway, Ridgeland, MS 39157.
2018-2019 Current Openings (updated 6/16/18):
Music, 4th – 6th Grade (3 hours per week)
Possess at least one of the following:
- Valid teaching license (private or public) with History endorsement
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher with an emphasis in subject content
- Relevant teaching and/or professional experience
The teacher performs duties as outlined in the St. Augustine Teacher Job Description document.
Positive Requirements, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Read St. Augustine Teacher Job Description
- Agrees to and signs the St. Augustine Statement of Faith
- Agrees to and signs the St. Augustine Doctrinal and Ethical Statements
- Agrees to terms and signs the St. Augustine Teacher Contract
- Ministers to and attends to the spiritual health of all students and promotes the St. Augustine Statement of Faith and St. Augustine Doctrinal and Ethical Statements
- Varies per vacancy
- Deadline: All slots are open until filled
- Start date: August 1, 2018
Reasons To Teach At St. Augustine
- A heart to use your gift of teaching for the glory of God
- To be a pioneer in a new form of education
- A heart to minister to families through education
- Enjoy the camaraderie of teaching with like-minded teachers and staff
- Flexibility of teaching part-time 2 or 3 days a week
Considerations Before Teaching At St. Augustine
- Typical public and private schools have approximately 180 days of school per academic year. In contrast, St. Augustine will have approximately 68 days for elementary and 102 days for secondary courses per academic year.
- It is imperative for teachers at St. Augustine to be able to effectively use class time to cover material from textbooks or curriculum.
- Record keeping includes attendance, lesson plans, tests and assignment sheets.
- Since parents are partners in education, there will be flowing communication between parents and teacher.
- In grades 1-8, the parent acts as “guide for dependent study” providing practice and instruction at home as supplied by teacher through weekly lesson plans.
St. Augustine School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin and ethnic origin in administration of its hiring policies, employment, job assignment, or employer/employee relations.